Polish Sentence Builders A lexicogrammar approach PRIMARY - Part Zero - 9783949651755
Polish Primary Sentence Builders is a workbook aimed at younger learners (7 to 11 years old). This ‘no-frills’ book contains 6 units of work and is intended to be used as an introduction to Polish for absolute beginners. For best results, we recommend completing this book before attempting Polish Primary Sentence Builders - Part 1.
Each unit is jam-packed with graded vocabulary-building, reading, translation, retrieval practice and writing activities. Key vocabulary, lexical patterns and structures are recycled and interleaved throughout.
Each unit includes:
• a sentence builder modelling the target constructions, introduced by questions to guide communication;
• a set of Listening-As-Modelling activities to train decoding skills, sound awareness, speech-segmentation, lexical-retrieval and parsing skills;
• a set of reading tasks focusing on both the meaning and structural levels of the text;
• a set of translation tasks aimed at consolidation through retrieval practice;
• a set of writing tasks targeting essential micro-skills such as spelling, lexical retrieval, syntax, editing and communication of meaning.
Based on the E.P.I. principle that learners learn best from comprehensible and highly patterned input flooded with the target linguistic features, the authors have carefully designed each and every text and activity to enable the student to process and produce each item many times over. Alongside the units you will find ‘No Snakes No Ladders’ tasks created to practise speaking skills with an engaging and fun board game that can be photocopied and played in groups of 3 students.
The audio tracks for all listening activities can be accessed for free within the AUDIO section of the website: www.language-gym.com/listening
Please note that the SentenceBuilders.com website is an ideal supplement to this booklet. The website recycles every single lexical and structural item found in this book many times over via self-marking vocabulary, listening, reading & writing games and asignments.