Spanish Sentence Builders, PART ONE, TRILOGY - 9783949651793
Spanish Sentence Builders - TRILOGY - Part 1 is a workbook aimed at Key Stage 3 students, co-authored by two modern languages educators with over 50 years of extensive classroom experience between the two, both in the UK and internationally
This ‘no-frills’ book contains 15 units of work on very popular themes, jampacked with graded listening activities, vocabulary-building, reading, translation, retrieval practice, writing & speaking activities. Key vocabulary, lexical patterns and structures are recycled and interleaved throughout.
Each unit includes:
• a sentence builder modelling the target constructions;
• a set of listening activities to model and input-flood the target language
• a set of vocabulary building activities;
• a set of narrow reading texts exploited through a range of tasks focusing on both the meaning and structural levels of the text;
• a set of retrieval-practice translation tasks;
• a set of writing tasks targeting essential micro-skills such as spelling, lexical retrieval, syntax, editing and communication of meaning.
• a “Bringing it all together” section to recycle and interleave the target language seen in previous units
Based on the E.P.I. principle that learners learn best from comprehensible and highly patterned input flooded with the target linguistic features, the authors have carefully designed each and every text and activity to enable the student to process and produce each item many times over.
Please note that both The Language Gym and SentenceBuilders.com websites are ideal supplements to this booklet. Both websites recycle every single lexical and structural item found in this book many times over via self-marking vocabulary and reading workouts, in addition to engaging and fun games and a powerful verb trainer.